Skip to Content


Canada is working to improve border security by proposing the implementation of the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) requirement. Under this proposal citizens from countries other than the United States that do not currently require a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain online authorization before flying to Canada. The eTA requirement is expected to  →

As of January 2014, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will once again be able to sponsor foreign parents or grandparents for permanent residency under the Parent and Grandparent stream of the Family Sponsorship program. In order to deal with a massive backlog of applications, and the resulting wait time of eight years, the federal government  →

The Consumer Advocacy division of Higbee & Associates is pleased to announce the launch of our Consumer Protection Services. In addition to offering bankruptcy, debt settlement and debt defense, our services have now expanded to include suing debt collectors on consumers’ behalf for consumer protection violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair  →